The National Recycling Coalition held its board of directors’ election at the Resource Recycling Conference, leading to the election of nine members.
Picking between 13 candidates, members of the NRC voted in the following members to serve as board of directors for the national group.
- Stephen Bantillo, Executive Director, Recycling Certification Institute
- Robert J. Bylone, Jr., Executive Director and President, Pennsylvania Recycling Markets Center
- George Dreckmann, Strategic Initiatives Coordinator, City of Madison, Wisc., Streets Division
- MaryEllen Etienne, CEO, Reuse Institute
- Bob Gedert, Department Director, Austin Resource Recovery, City of Austin
- Brent Hildebrand, Vice President of Operations, Alpine Recycling and Waste
- Maite Quinn, Business Development and Marketing Manager, Sims Municipal Recycling
- Lisa A. Skumatz, Principal Consultant/Research, Skumatz Economic Research Associates, and the non-profit Econservation Institute
- Melissa Young, Assistant Director, Syracuse University Center for Sustainable Community Solutions
Each appointment includes a three-year stint on the 25-member board.
“We are thrilled with the renewed interest in participation on the board of the NRC, as well as welcoming back some returning members. We look forward to working with our newest members” said Fran McPoland, NRC’s vice president, in a press release.