Fire alarm on a facility wall.

Fire officials told a local TV station they believe batteries started the blaze at Cleanlites Recycling facility. | Nuroon Jampaklai/Shutterstock

A fire caused significant damage at an e-scrap recycling facility in Mason, Mich. last weekend, according to local news.

TV news station WLNS reported a fire broke out on Sunday at a Cleanlites Recycling facility. Fire officials told the station they believe batteries started the blaze.

E-Scrap News couldn’t reach Mason Fire Department or Cleanlites officials for comment.

According to Cleanlites, the Mason Recycling Center serves all of Michigan by recycling electronics and focus materials in electronics, such as batteries. Mason is a 15-minute drive south of Lansing and about an hour and a half west of Detroit.

More stories about processors


Van Dyk