A Tennessee electronics processor is picking up the pieces after a fire destroyed one of its buildings.
According to local reports, a fire broke out the evening of Aug. 28 at about 8 p.m. at Scott Recycling’s Newport, Tenn. location.
Local utility companies cut surrounding gas lines to avoid explosions, and Cocke County Sheriff CJ Ball told local outlets that the building was a total loss, but there were no injuries reported.
Initial messaging on the company’s website noted that it was “forced to temporarily cease operations until further notice.”
The website also stated that the fire caused significant damage to both the corporate offices and processing facility and estimated a month of downtime.
However, several days later the message was updated, noting that “a recent catastrophic fire destroyed our corporate offices and disrupted our operations temporarily” and the company was rmoving forward and expected to be “operating at full speed almost immediately.”
The recycler handles hard drives, computers and peripherals, monitors, televisions, cables and house electronics, as well as providing data destruction. It also has facilities in Lebanon, Tenn.; Heber Springs, Ark.; and Pulaski, Va.
There was no information about what may have sparked the fire.